Here is a collection of some of the best startup tools you’d need for your new business.
Starting a new business can be both thrilling and demanding. As an entrepreneur, you must wear several hats to manage all parts of your small business effectively.
Using the correct technologies in today’s digital age can greatly improve productivity, streamline procedures, and drive growth. This post will look at some of the greatest startup tools in several categories to help you succeed on your entrepreneurial path.
Importance of Startup Tools
Before we get into what are the best tools for startups, it’s necessary to understand why employing startup tools is important. These tools and technologies enable you to automate different activities, collaborate more effectively, analyze data, and make more informed decisions. The best startup tools will help you with most of the activities in your organization.
Moreover, you can optimize your workflows, save time, and focus on important parts of your business by using the correct applications.
We’ve categorized all the tools so that it becomes easy for you to understand each one of them and make an informed decision.
Here we go…
Best tools for collaboration
Starting off with the best tools for collaboration. When you have a new business, communication between team members is the most crucial part of it.
The platforms and tools mentioned below are essential tools for startups because they enable smooth communication and teamwork among the team members.
The applications provide a centralized platform for you whether you want to share ideas, files like documents, images, and videos and collaborate on several projects from anywhere across the globe.
Furthermore, they also help to boost productivity and encourage effective collaboration, overall contributing to the success of startups.
The collaboration platform becomes easy when it is integrated with the best startup tools for you and your team.
Listed below are some of the best collaboration tools for startups.
Slack: Communicate with your team from anywhere
The first one on our list is Slack because it is free to start with. When it comes to basic communications and file sharing with team members, Slack is a great option.
There are options for creating groups, audio calls, and inviting members outside of the organizations. It’s an elegant team communication solution that uses real-time chat to replace email threads.
With a centralized platform, you can easily create channels for different projects or departments, making it one of the best collaboration tools for startups.
The tool has everything you would need in terms of team collaboration. There are some great features, like using hashtags, setting reminders, and connecting it with hundreds of different apps to exchange data.
Zoom: Video calls on the go
Zoom comes in second on our list. The platform is free, with options to upgrade if required. Zoom is the best video conferencing application for startups or any other type of organization.
It can be considered one of the best startup tools today. We understand that today’s work environment is mostly remote, and you’d require to catch up with your team where you can see each other and have meetings that are full of fun and insights.
Zoom is easy to use and a dependable video conferencing solution that provides high-quality audio and video, screen sharing, and interactive features like breakout rooms.
Moreover, it delivers a seamless communication experience for your company and teammates, whether you’re doing meetings, client presentations, or webinars.
Google Workspace: Collaborate in real-time
Google Workspace is great when you are just starting and need many tools to help your business operations. It includes basic and high-level Google tools like Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, and other productivity tools.
These tools enable you to create and update documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in real-time, enhancing team collaboration. Google Workspace offers a scalable solution for entrepreneurs of all sizes, including cloud storage and simple file sharing.
There is an option to upgrade if required, but most of the work can be done from their basic service.
Asana: Workflow streamlining and project management
On the third spot is Asana, another popular project management application with many features to help you optimize your startup’s productivity.
Asana helps you to stay organized and focused by creating tasks, assigning responsibilities, defining priorities, and measuring progress.
The best part is that it connects well with other collaboration apps like Slack and Google. This will help you improve collaboration and also ensure a smooth workflow.
Trello: Manage your projects and tasks with ease
Another best project management tool for your startup is Trello. It’s an excellent solution for entrepreneurs and team members, offering a visual and user-friendly project management platform.
It enables teams to easily organize work from one place, create and maintain to-do lists, establish project deadlines, and measure progress.
The customizable boards and cards provide all the needed information in one place.
It encourages teamwork by allowing team members to assign tasks, leave comments, and exchange files inside each card.
Trello’s user-friendly features and simple layout make it a great solution for companies looking for an effective and organized approach to project management. A definite tool to have to increase productivity and simplify processes eventually.
Overall, when it comes to collaboration and project management, Trello has often been considered the best project management tool for startups for all the good reasons.
Best Marketing Tools For Startups
Marketing tools for startups are essential for creating a strong online profile of your brand and standing out from the competition. Marketing tools are also necessary for attracting users and driving business growth.
These marketing tools allow you to optimize and drive your marketing efforts. Moreover, you can also automate campaigns, analyze data, and successfully communicate with customers. Also, the need for market research tools for startups is growing tremendously in today’s world.
Lastly, you can boost your exposure, reach, and brand recognition by adapting various marketing techniques, resulting in higher customer acquisition and revenue creation.
Here are a few marketing tools that you can get started with right away.
HubSpot: Marketing platform with all the essential tools
When it comes to marketing, HubSpot offers a complete marketing tools package essential for your business. The platform provides various tools to help you in your business growth. Definitely one of the best startup tools.
HubSpot offers a range of tools to attract, engage, and delight your customers, right from CRM management and email marketing automation to search engine optimization.
The UI is super friendly and provides robust analytics, making it a popular company choice.
Overall, we’d say that it is one of the best CRM tools for startups and any type of organization.
Mailchimp: Create and grow your email list
Once you have your CRM set up, you’ll need a comprehensive tool for sending emails to all of your email subscribers.
MailChimp is one of the best tools for email marketing. Creating an email list is crucial for any firm, and with the help of MailChimp, you can easily segment your users and send personalized emails.
You can develop professional-looking emails without much coding abilities using its drag-and-drop editor and pre-designed templates.
Given the features it offers right from the free plan, it is a highly recommended email marketing tool for startups and small organizations.
Buffer – Put your social media posts on autopilot
Next on our list is Buffer. The best tool to put your social media presence on autopilot mode.
When you start a new business growing your social media profile is also important to build trust value with your end-users. Maintaining an active social media presence with all the other operations can often be very demanding.
Buffer helps you save time and effort by scheduling and publishing your posts across social media networks like LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook. There are features like statistics to measure user interaction and determine the optimal times to post for the most reach.
Buffer is a great social media tool to help you grow and manage your social media.
Jasper.ai – Copywriting and customer support
When you have a business with a website, you want content, blogs, and articles around it.
Jasper.ai is a great AI platform to help you with content for your website and articles.
It smartly aims to revolutionize commercial customer service and assistance. It can help you automate customer interactions and provide intelligent replies by leveraging powerful natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning technologies.
Jasper.ai can help startups by streamlining your whole customer care operations. As we said before, it can smartly manage typical consumer queries, respond instantly, and deliver personalized answers without human participation.
This will help your company grow its customer service more effectively, increase response times, cut expenses, and improve overall customer experience.
You can use Jasper.ai to focus on growth and core business operations while assuring great client satisfaction and quality content on your website.
Copy.ai – Generate blog content with ease
Another handy AI content-generating tool is Copy.ai.
An AI-powered content-generating platform that uses natural language processing (NLP) algorithms to generate high-quality writing like Jasper.ai. It can help you generate creative blog topics and write the whole article in a fraction of a human writer’s time.
It provides various tools and capabilities to help with content production activities, such as creating blog posts, social media captions, ad copy, product descriptions, etc.
Overall, it’s a complete all-rounder content-creating tool and a great alternative to ChatGPT and it has become one of the best ai tools for startups in recent times.
Best Web Design Tools
Now that we’ve covered the best collaboration and marketing tools let’s look at the best Web design tools you would love to use for your startup. Web designing tools are software applications that allow you to create and manage your websites.
Let’s accept that we all face challenges when designing our websites. No matter what ideas you have in your mind, there’s always a better way to bring it to life.
They can benefit your startup in a variety of ways, including:
- Even if you don’t have any design skills, web design tools can help you develop websites that look and feel professional and polished.
- You can automate many chores required in creating and publishing a website, such as coding, graphic designing, and testing. Web design tools can save you a lot of time and money.
- Web design tools can help you make your websites more mobile-friendly, search engine optimized, and secure.
Here are some of the most popular startup web design tools:
WordPress: Create beautiful websites
According to the Hubspot report, WordPress is used by 42% of websites in the world. This is a huge number! And it makes it one of the best startup tools that you should consider for building your website too. Also, when we talk about free business tools for startups, WordPress is mostly considered the top priority.
In simple terms, WordPress is a PHP and MySQL-based open-source content management system (CMS). It is used to create websites and blogs by millions of people worldwide.
Due to its adaptability and scalability, it is a popular choice for startups. Not to forget that there are thousands of themes and plugins to enhance or add any feature you like.
Here are a few advantages of using WordPress for your business:
- Easy-to-use CMS that does not require any technical skills.
- Incredibly customizable, you can design a website that looks and feels exactly as you want.
- Scalable allows it to suit the demands of every business, from tiny startups to major companies.
With all the given features, WordPress is an excellent choice for your startup.
Wix: Drag and drop website builder
Don’t like WordPress? Want to keep it easy? No problem. Try Wix!
Wix is a website builder allowing you to create a professional-looking website without coding knowledge.
It has a vast selection of features and templates, making it an excellent choice after WordPress.
Like WordPress, Wix is also SEO-friendly, so potential clients and customers can find your website effortlessly.
Some of the advantages of using Wix are:
- Easy to create any website with its drag-and-drop website builder.
- There are choices of price levels to suit your budget.
- It can be expanded to match the demands of your expanding business.
- Websites created using Wix are search engine optimized.
If you are a startup looking for an easy solution and don’t want to go with WordPress, Wix website builder should be your go-to option. It is simple to use, inexpensive, scalable, and SEO-friendly.
Figma: Create beautiful designs with ease
Since the website builder tools are covered, let’s focus on design.
Figma is a cloud-based design application that helps you create real-time project collaboration for your teams.
It is a popular choice among many entrepreneurs because it is simple to use, inexpensive, and scalable at the same time.
It offers features like vector sketching, prototyping, and animation.
It is a versatile tool that can be used for a wide range of projects, such as websites, applications, and marketing materials.
Advantages of using Figma:
- Easy-to-use design tool without the need for designing knowledge.
- Reasonably priced, including a free plan for individual users and a range of premium options for teams.
- It is scalable, allowing it to suit the demands of various businesses, from tiny startups to major corporations.
Designs.ai: Attractive designs made easy
Designs.ai is an AI-powered design tool allowing you to create professional-looking marketing materials with much effort quickly.
Don’t have great design skills? No worries, Desings.ai will help you create logos, graphics, movies, and more.
It’s an excellent design tool for saving time and money.
Why use Designs.ai?
- Create professional-looking designs in minutes. This will save you time and trouble, especially if you’re new to design.
- A cost-effective approach to obtaining professional-looking marketing materials of your choice.
- It can assist you in developing a consistent brand identity across all marketing materials. This will help you establish trust and credibility with your target audience.
Shopify: Online store with all the tools in one place
Do you sell products online? Try Shopify!
It is an all-in-one e-commerce platform that will help you easily set up your online store.
Talking about online shopping websites, over 4.2 million e-commerce websites have been created using Shopify.
Shopify offers a variety of features and tools that can help you save time and money, including:
- A drag-and-drop store builder that makes it easy to create a custom online store without any coding experience.
- Various payment options include credit cards, PayPal, and Apple Pay, making it easy for customers to purchase products from your store.
- A powerful reporting dashboard that provides insights into your store’s sales, traffic, and customers. This type of information can help you make informed decisions about your business and products.
Shopify is an excellent choice if you want to create an e-commerce store.
Shopify’s features and capabilities can help your company save time and money, and its reporting dashboard can help you in making important business decisions.
Canva: Best content creator
Looking to create amazing infographics or presentations? Or perhaps log or videos? Give it a try to Canva.
As a new business owner when we think of free business tools for startups that will help in designing a lot of things, Canva is a great option indeed.
It is an online visual design tool that helps you produce professional-looking graphics. There is no prior design knowledge required.
This is one of the best tools for startups to create marketing materials, social media posts, presentations, and other resources.
It is a cloud-based platform with various other features, such as templates, images, fonts, editing, and collaboration capabilities.
It helps you in developing a consistent brand identity across all of your marketing materials.
Best HR Tools For Startups
The next category is for the best HR tools for startups.
Human resources (HR) tools help your organization with all the human resources (HR) activities. These tools can be used for several purposes: recruiting, onboarding, payroll, and performance management.
HR tools can support your company in a variety of ways, including:
- Streamlining procedures like HR operations.
- Improving the accuracy of HR data, reducing mistakes and compliance concerns.
- Insights about employee performance and engagement allow you to make better personnel decisions.
- Improving employee happiness boosts employee satisfaction by making information more accessible to employees.
Here are the best HR tools to consider…
BambooHR: Important HR management tools
BambooHR is an all-in-one human resources (HR) software solution that will help you streamline your HR processes and operations. When looking for the best startup tools to take care of your HR activities, you will often see BambooHR appear.
It offers a wide range of features, including recruiting, onboarding, payroll, benefits, performance management, and more.
The application is easy to use and affordable, making it a great option for startups of all sizes.
Here are a few reasons why you might want to give BambooHR a try:
- It will help you streamline key HR procedures such as hiring, onboarding, payroll, and benefits administration. This will save you a lot of time and money while also improving accuracy and compliance.
- It can help you in improving the employee experience by offering a consolidated platform to your employees to access information such as pay slips, perks, and performance reports. This will aid in increasing employee happiness and engagement.
- It will help you in remaining compliant with a range of HR standards, such as those pertaining to employment law, payroll, and benefits. Overall beneficial in avoiding legal liabilities and fines.
GreytHR: Simple HR tool to manage employee activities
Another simple and amazing tool is GreytHR, a cloud-based HRMS that will help you with all the basics like HR operations, payroll, leave management, attendance monitoring, and employee self-service.
GreytHR is also inexpensive, making it an excellent choice for companies seeking to optimize HR operations.
Some of the reasons why you may want to opt for GreytHR:
- It will help you automate your payroll process, saving time and money.
- There are a number of tools that can help you in complying with labor rules.
- GreytHR may assist startups in tracking employee leave, ensuring that employees take their required vacation and that the firm is not overpaying for wasted leave.
- It will help you in tracking employee attendance, ensuring that staff arrive on time and do not take a long time off.
- It also provides employees with access to their own HR information, such as pay slips, leave balances, and time sheets.
Zenefits: Complete HR solution
The last one in the HR tools category is Zenefits. Another cloud-based HR tool that will help your small business with payroll, benefits, recruiting, and compliance.
It is a comprehensive solution that will help you save time and money while still staying in compliance with labor rules.
A few reasons to try Zenefits:
- Simple to set up and manage payroll, including tax, deduction, and withholding calculations.
- It provides a variety of benefit programs, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and 401(k) plans addition and management.
- Simple to discover and recruit competent personnel, including job postings, resume screening, and interviewing.
- It will help you in remaining in compliance with labor rules, like tracking employee hours, keeping employee records, and offering employee benefits.
Best finance and accounting tools for startups
The last category is for the tools that will help you manage the money!
Finance and accounting tools are beneficial for startups in a variety of ways. Apart from keeping track of your finances, they help you track your revenue, spending, and cash flow. This data can be useful to make important business decisions, such as how to allocate resources and when to raise funds.
Let’s face it, there are a variety of financial restrictions that apply to startups. Finance and accounting software can help companies in remaining compliant with these rules too.
Startup owners can make better business decisions with access to precise financial data available through these tools. This covers price, marketing, and product development decisions.
These tools can overall be beneficial for startups in growing their businesses by giving them the information they want.
Xero: Best for managing finance
When talking about finance and accounting tools, the first name that comes to our mind is Xero.
This online accounting software can help entrepreneurs in a variety of ways;
- Manage your revenue and spending, allowing you to remain on top of your finances and make sound business decisions.
- Simply produce invoices that will help you get paid more quickly.
- Manage your cash flows, which will avoid you to run out of funds.
- Provides tax advice to startups, helping you accurately file your taxes and avoid fines.
QuickBooks Online: Best for your accounting needs
Next on the list is QuickBooks Online. One more cloud-based accounting software that will help you in tracking your accounts, manage cash flow, and prepare taxes. Not to mention this is from the same developer that gave us MailChimp the famous email marketing tool.
It is another popular choice among business owners given how simple it is to use, inexpensive, and scalable.
QuickBooks Online has a number of features that you may require, including:
- Makes it simple to prepare and send invoices to clients.
- Helps you in tracking your costs so that you may stay within your budget.
- Provides a number of reports that will assist you in keeping track of your money and making sound business decisions.
- Connects with a number of different business platforms, including Shopify, PayPal, and Stripe with ease.
FreshBooks: All the accounting needs covered
Third in the best finance and accounting tools for startups category is FreshBooks Online.
It is another great finance and accounting tool useful for your business.
Based on the cloud, this accounting software will help you in tracking your money, send invoices, and manage your time in parallel.
An easy-to-use accounting solution that is accessible from anywhere, making it an excellent choice for small enterprises with minimal resources.
There are a number of time and money-saving features, like automatic spending tracking, online payments, and project management tools.
Some of the highlights of Freshbooks are:
- Simple to keep track of revenue and spending, allowing you to remain on top of your finances.
- Simple to send professional-looking invoices to your clients. They can pay bills online with a credit card or bank account, saving a lot of time.
- Help you in tracking time spent on tasks, allowing you to charge your clients properly and complete projects on schedule.
Vic.ai: An AI tool for your accounting needs
The next in this category is a new-age AI tool, Vic.ai.
An artificial intelligence (AI)-powered accounts payable service that can help you save a lot of time and money with ease.
Like any other AI tool, it uses machine learning to process invoices automatically, identify any problems, and match them to purchase orders. This allows you to concentrate on more strategic activities like analysis and forecasting.
Business owners like you rely on the best startup tools to make your work easy and automate repetitive tasks. Vic.ai is just the best example of it.
Vic.ai also gives you real-time insights into cash flow and spending.
Some of the key highlights are:
- Automate almost 90% of your accounts payable process.
- Help in saving money on personnel expenditures as well as the cost of mistakes since most of the operations are taken care by the code.
- Uses machine learning to detect possible problems in invoices, allowing your business to prevent costly errors.
- Provides real-time insights into cash flow and spending.
- Integrates with many other tools to exchange financial data.
Indy: Self-accounting AI tool
The last tool in this category that we’d like you to consider is Indy.
The platform is based on cloud and ML (machine learning) assisting small businesses with financial, operational, and marketing management.
It has many other capabilities like billing, inventory management, CRM, and marketing automation.
Indy is intended to be simple to use, even for companies with no prior accounting knowledge.
Some of the key highlights are:
- Simple to set up and use, even for firms that have no prior accounting knowledge.
- Economical choice for startups and small enterprises, with monthly rates beginning at a few dollars.
- Has a lot of tools that can help your business manage its money, operations, and marketing.
- It can grow with your business, you most probably won’t have to move to a new platform as your business expands.
Hush! Those were a good amount of tools, weren’t they?
Choosing the best startup tools will have a huge influence on the overall productivity, cooperation, and success of your company. It certainly isn’t easy but definitely worth it.
The tools covered in this article provide a wide range of areas for running a company, from project management and communication to marketing, financing, and human resources. You can streamline your operations, optimize your workflows, and focus on expanding your business by using them.
Just to let you know, remember that the best tool combination depends on your unique demands and tastes. When analyzing and selecting the tools select the ones that best meet the needs of your startup, and keep your budget, team size, and business goals together.